Dr. Shlomo Yanetz
Automatic software program package for numerical modeling (with EL-OP, Ltd.)
Bar-Ilan license no. 4035 and Israel Ministry of Industry license no. 20633 (2000).
(see no. 10 below)
List of Publications:
1. Investigation of natural vibrations of a shell-type dam (with R. Bokhua and J. Liner), Ministry of State Building of GSSR, Construction and Architecture, No. 18, Tbilissi (1972), 1-8 (in Russian).
2. Design methodology based on variational-bar method of Galeorkin for radially loaded arches in arch dams (with J. Liner), Proc. Eighth United Conference on Structural Mechanics of the Research Institute of the Transcaucasian Republic, Tbilissi (1973), 132-136 (in Russian).
3. Automated calculations of strength of arch dams subjected to hydrostatic load
and gravity using Bubnov-Galeorkin variational-bar method (with I. Baratashvili), Proc. Eighth United Conference on Structural Mechanics of the Research Institute of the Transcaucasian Republic, Tbilissi (1973), 52-56 (in Russian).
4. Deformation/stress analysis by the Bubnov-Galeorkin methods for arch dams under dynamic loading due to earthquakes, Proceedings of Research Institute on Hydrotechnics, No.2, Leningrad (1974), 57-60 (in Russian).
5. Absolute convergence and summability factors in a double sequence (with S. Baron), Indian Journal of Mathematics 28 (1986) no. 2, 141-153.
6. Summability Factors and Tauberian Theorems for Double Series, 1990, Ph.D. Dissertation, Bar-Ilan University.
7. Summability factors and Tauberian theorems for double series, Acta Comment. Univ. Tartuensis 960 (1993), 151-165.
8. Absolute summability factors of double sequences and some new Tauberian theorems for double series, Proc. of International Conference on Approximation Theory and Function Series, Budapest, Hungary, August, 1995 (1995), 48-49.
9. Methods of Integration for Real Analysis (N. Krupnik, ed.), Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Bar-Ilan University, 1996 (60pp.).
10. Numerical modelling of light transmission in a temperature and stress sensitive optical element (with J. Roitfarb, V. Kaminsky, D. Wormser, Y. Liran, Y. Cohen), Proc. of 1998 MSC Users’ Conference, UCLA 1 (1998), 1-12.
11. Absolute summability factors and absolute Tauberian theorems for double series and sequences, Georgian Journal of Mathematics 6(1999), no. 6, 591-600.
12. Partial Differential Equations, Akadamon, in press (in Hebrew), 130pp.
13. Adaptive radar waveform design for multiple targets: computational aspects (with O. Naparstek), Proceedings of ICASSP, IEEE Special Issue on Array Signal Processing (2006) (electronic).
14. Stochastic estimate of the collision avoidance probability (with M. Ben-Chaim, M. Brand, B. Arav), Proceedings of SMRLO '10, International Symposium on Stochastic Models in Reliability Engineering, Life Science and Operations Management (2010), 70-79.
15. Stochastic estimate of the collision avoidance probability (with M. Ben-Chaim, M. Brand, B. Arav, N.E. Aleksandrov), Vestnik Voennich Nauk (special issue), Moscow, no. 1 (30) (2010), 17-22.
16. Determination of the car – pedestrian collision avoidance probability (with M. Ben-Chaim and M. Brand), Proceedings of International Conference on Safety and Mobility of Vulnerable Road Users: Pedestrians, Motorcyclists, and Bicyclists (2010), 15-31.
17. Estimation of the ECS influence on the car safety (with M. Ben-Chaim, J. Iosebidze, G. Abramishvilli), Transactions of GTU 477 (2010), no.3, 89-96.
18. About nondecreasing solutions for first order neutral functional differential equations (with A. Domoshnitsky and A. Maghakyan), Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, Proc. 9th Coll. QTDE, 2011, no. 1, 1-10.
19. Nonlinear optimization for medical problems (cancer of breast) (with V. Kaminsky and I. Wolff), to appear in American Cancer Society.
20. About positivity of Green’s functions for impulsive second order delay equations (with A. Domoshintsky and G. Landsman), to appear in Opuscula Mathematica, special volume dedicated to Prof. Kamont, 34, no.2 (2014)..
21. On a method of summability for convergence of parametric optimization of an algorithm with Zernike polynomial approximation (with V. Kaminsky), in preparation.
22. Absolute summability factors of double Stieltjes integrals and Tauberian theorems for double integrals, in preparation.
23. On the one boundary value problems of parabolic differential equations (with A. Maghakyan), in preparation.
The following selected list of projects of IMU which are being successfully used
in various companies were carried out under the scientific and administrative direction of Dr. Shlomo Yanetz, Executive Project Manager, IMU (Industrial Mathematics Unit):
Selected Projects 1992-2013
1. Topological search of a moving target, Dr. B. Lukacher, Dr. Y. Vainberg,
Dr. S. Yanetz, and SEFTA, France – image recognition, 1992.
2. Consultation in statistics and calculation simulation, Dr. A. Klein,
Tel Hashomer Hospital, Israel, Dr. S. Yanetz – applied statistics, 1993-1995.
3. Estimations of false miss rate in the communication system, Prof. S. Litsyn,
Motorola USA-Israel – computing, 1993.
4. Assessment of the principal parameters of the process in rotor-type of an internal combustion engine, Dr. J. Roitfarb, Dr. V. Kaminsky, Dr. S. Yanetz, Cohen Ltd., Marseille, France – applied mechanics, 1994.
5. Calculation of and miss rate in the communication system, Prof. S. Litsyn, Motorola USA-Israel – computing, 1994.
6. Spectral analysis of the anisotropic and nonhomogeneous solution of Maxwell equations, Prof. V. Goldshtein, Prof. Yu. Rozenfeld, Dr. S. Yanetz, SEFTA, France – electrodynamics, 1993-1994.
7. Eigenvalue problems appearing in soluton of Maxwell equations in two dimensions, Prof. V. Goldshtein, Prof. Yu. Rozenfeld, Dr. M. Auslender,
Dr. S. Yanetz, SEFTA, France – electrodynamics, 1995.
8. Development of Ethernet oriented management systems, Dr. Y. Zlotnikov, Logtel, Israel – computing, 1995.
9. Numerical modelling of light scattering in temperature-sensitive optical elements, Prof. J. Roitfarb, Prof. V. Kaminsky, Dr. S. Yanetz, EL-OP, Israel – thermo-electro-optics, 1996-1998.
10. Analysis and statistical modelling of two protection schemes for high speed information networks SDH (path protection and subnetwork MS-spring
protection), Dr. Y. Zlotnikov, Dr. V. Kaminsky, Dr. B. Shklyar, ECI, U.S.A.-Israel – networks, 1997-1998.
11. Modelling and analysis of SDH networks with respect to multiplexing technology for estimation of relative capacity, development of design methodology for topology optimization in SDH networks in connection with protection scheme, Dr. Y. Zlotnikov, Dr. V. Kaminsky, Dr. B. Shklyar, ECI, U.S.A.-Israel – networks, 1998-2000.
12. A tracking system for CAD licenses, Y. Sever, P. Magilevsky, Israel Defense Department – computing, 2006.
13. Indoor underfloor heating, Dr. M. Geller, Dr. S. Yanetz, Advanced Heat Technologies (AHT), Netanya – applications of partial differential equations, 2006.
14. Adaptive radar waveform design for multiple targets: computational aspects, Dr. S. Yanetz, O. Naparstek– coding theory, 2006.
15. Computer search of Mersenne primary numbers, Dr. M. Reznikov, Dr. S. Yanetz, O. Rosenstein, ELTA Systems Ltd. (Israel Aircraft Industries) – computing, 2006.
16. Fast template matching using edge detection and cross correlation, Dr. S. Yanetz, S. Zaslavsky, ORTEK (EL-OP, Ltd.) – image processing and optics, 2006.
17. Automated image registration, Dr. S. Yanetz, S. Zaslavsky, M. Direrstein, U. Shatalov, ORTEK (EL-OP, Ltd.) – image processing and optics, 2006.
18. Model for bubble enlargement, Dr. G. Pinchasi, College of Judea and Samaria,
Dr. S. Yanetz, N. Arkind and I. Gilad – image processing and optics, 2006.
19. Daisyworld, Prof. S. Brenner, Dept. of Geography, Bar-Ilan University, M. Kot, G. Agilov – ecology, 2006.
20. Structure visualization of transition graphs of finite automaton, Dr. A. Trakhtman, Dr. S. Yanetz, T. Bauer, N. Cohen, Dept. of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University – graph theory, 2007.
21. Star identification via pattern matching algorithm, Dr. D. Fattal, Israel Aerospace Industries, E. Galili, N. Nettler – satellites and outer space, 2007.
22. Tracking system for CAD/CM licenses, P. Magilevsky, Y. Siber, MANTAK / Authority for Development of Tanks, Israel Defense Department – computing, 2007.
23. Efficient algorithms for minimizing gross validation error, Prof. N. Interator, Dept. of Computer Science, Tel-Aviv University, A. Cohen and I. Levi – computing, 2007.
24. A prediction model using frontal cortex VSD images modeled as a hidden Markov model, Prof. A. Leshem, Dr. H. Slovin, Dr. S. Yanetz, M. Krichli, Gonda Brain Research Center, Bar-Ilan University – brain science, 2008.
25. A mathematical model for researching biological cells, Dr. I. Tsarfaty, Dr. G.Y. Stein, Microbiology and Medical School, Tel-Aviv University, Dr. S. Yanetz, J. Shohet, O. Liberman – biological medical science, 2008.
26. Discovery of angular corners in satellite pictures, limited distribution for security services, Dr. S. Yanetz, I. Haberman, H. Vardi, Dept. of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University, Y. Dror, I. Dror, Nizaney Hashkaot, Ltd. Israel, Israel Defense Forces– image processing, 2008.
27. Robot navigation in a closed environment using range sensors, D. E. Fisher, FL-OP – Elbit, Ltd., S. Chason, B. Gilad, Dept. of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University – robotics, 2008.
28. Research in car accidents, Dr. M. Ben-Chaim, Dept. of Robotics, Ariel University Center of Samaria, Dr. S. Yanetz, Dept. of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University – transportation, 2008.
29. A model for growing bubbles, Dr. Gad Pinchasy, Dept. of Chemistry Engineering, Ariel University Center of Samaria and Tel-Aviv University, Dr. S. Yanetz, G. Golan, I. Gerby, Dept. of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University – hydrodynaimics, 2008.
Selected Planned Projects for 2010-2013:
1. Numerical method for multidisciplinary optimization problem – The satellite schedule under different constraints, Grant from Ministry of Industry and Ministry of Defense, IAI – Israel Aircraft Industries, Ltd. – satellites and outer space. Has been approved and research has begun.
2. Numerical method for multidisciplinary optimization problem – Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)), Ministry of Defense – image processing and optics.
3. Identification of rounded corner via aerial photography, Nitzan Hashkaot, Ltd. (with Israel Defense Department) – image processing and optics.